There are more resources for Children’s Ministry than ever before. Whatever you need, it’s available! And there are far more than just 10 resources that I could list here, but here are 10 that I believe every KidMin leader should follow or invest in (in no particular order; please add yours with a link in the comments):
Magazines These bi-monthly magazines offer huge returns for a very small investment:
- K! Magazine Focused on leadership, it offers some fantastic insights in every issue.
- Children’s Ministry Magazine The most comprehensive resource for children’s ministry leaders available.
Websites Blogs & other sites offer free leadership development and resources. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- RelevantChildrensMinistry.com My friend, Dale Hudson, writes what I believe is the most consistent, insightful blog on leading in children’s ministry (along with ours, of course :))
- Ministry-To-Children.com A HUGE wealth of free resources for your children’s ministry.
Conferences I would highly encourage you to take advantage of a conference at least bi-annually, if not annually. Exposure to quality teaching by experienced veterans, AND the networking opportunities with people who are in the trenches just like you simply cannot be duplicated. Here are a few general ministry conferences I would recommend for any leader:
- The Gathering – a great place to start your conversations about Family Ministry.
- KidMin Conference – a fun, energetic conference great for anyone leading in Children’s Ministry.
- Children’s Pastor’s Conference – perhaps the broadest collection of leaders & resources available in one location!
Books Commit to reading one chapter a day and it will accelerate your leadership faster than you can imagine. Here are 3 great options that can be directly applied to our roles leading children’s & family ministry (even though they aren’t written for children’s ministry leaders):
- Developing The Leader Within You – still the best basic leadership book out there
- Developing The Leaders Around You – still the best, most practical book for developing those around you
- Amplified Leadership – the overall best, most practical ministry leadership book I’ve ever read
Click here to share your recommended resource (be sure to add the link before sending!)