Program comes in all shapes and sizes. Weekend program. Midweek program. Special events. Children’s Ministry offers many variations.
As different as they are, however, I believe these 5 “essentials” should be part of every one of them. Every program should be:
1. Child-centered: safe, attractive & age-appropriate.
2. Application-oriented: easily understood & applied in practical ways in the child’s everyday life.
3. Relational: built on strong, positive & on-going adult/child relationships.
4. Creative: dynamic & attractive to children & incorporating many different forms of communication.
5. Fun: a place a child wants to come to & would be happy to invite their friends.