My passion is seeing the lives of children transformed. So whether that is writing about parenting, spiritual formation of children, serving vulnerable & at-risk children, or some other category, the purpose is always to “transform children”.
The most important thing to know about me is that I am blessed beyond measure to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, to have married way over my head to my wife, Michele, and that we have two incredible sons named Taylor (a student at Moody Bible Institute) and Garret (currently serving with the Pais Movement in Brisbane Australia).
I serve as the Vice President of Global Resources in the Global Mission department at David C. Cook. Essentially, my role is to create partnerships globally for the Life on Life Project, and then support those partnerships by vision casting for ministry to children and developing & delivering ministry training.
I love what I do as it is the outflow of 25 years of ministry experience as Children’s, Family & Administrative Pastor, consultant, trainer, speaker and short-term missions leader. I also blog at GregJBaird.com about children, parenting, marriage and family life.
Finally, I do a limited amount of ministry coaching, consulting and speaking (contact me through the Contact page for inquiries).
- Served under the leadership of John Maxwell & David Jeremiah (the first Children’s Pastor at both churches);
- Founder of both a ministry non-profit (Kids In Focus) & a ministry business (KidMin360) – both are now consolidated into ChildrensMinistryLeader.com;
- Served in children’s, family & administrative pastor positions in churches ranging from 250 to 8000 in attendance;
- Provided services (consulting, job searches, training, coaching, etc.) for hundreds of churches across the United States.
- Travelled extensively providing training & leadership development in over 20 countries (Russia, Ukraine, Australia, Philippines, many African & South American countries) and now develops & delivers ministry training around the world full-time for his role with David C Cook (Vice President of Global Resources) for the Life on Life Project.
- Extensive speaking, including:
- CMConnect Conference – keynote & workshop presenter (2017)
- Children’s Pastors Conference – workshop presenter (2001 – 2010, 2014, 2017)
- D6 Conference – workshop presenter (2011, 2012)
- Lifeway Kids Ministry Conference – workshop presenter (2011, 2012)
- Group Publishing KidMin Conference – 6-hour pre-con tracks (2012 – 2014); 8-hour leadership tracks (2012, 2013); keynote (2014)
- Group Publishing One-Day Seminars – 30+ cities (2003 – 2008)
- NorthWest Ministry Conference – workshop presenter (2009 – 2011)
- Children’s Ministry Spring Training – organizer, workshop presenter, leadership track, keynote (2001 – 2009)
- Worlds of WOW Leadership Training – keynote (2012)
- Christian Ministry Training Association – workshop leader, keynote (2009-2012)
- Multiple other smaller network meetings, seminars & conferences
- Many articles for magazines, including:
- Children’s Ministry Magazine
- KidzMatter Magazine
- Outreach Magazine
- Homefront Magazine
- Hundreds of blog posts, including current contributions on:
- Book contributions:
- Sunday School That Works: The Complete Guide To Maximize Your Children’s Ministry Impact (Group Publishing)
- Pulse: The Best In Children’s Ministry (KidzMatter Publishing)
- Events That Worked For Us: Best Practices For Ministry With Children & Families (Abingdon Press)
- Top 100: Best Leadership Articles, Practical How-To’s & Features of the Year (ChurchLeaders.com, 2021 Edition)