The most important thing to know about me is that I am blessed beyond measure to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, to have married way over my head to my wife, Michele, and that I have two incredible teenage sons named Taylor andGarret.
I serve as the Vice President of Global Resources in the Global Mission department at David C. Cook.
I love what I do as it is the outflow of 25 years of ministry experience as Children’s, Family & Administrative Pastor, consultant, trainer, speaker and short-term missions leader (see below for detailed info on my experience).
On the personal side, I grew up in a Christian home traveling the world, first as a military brat (living in 4 states and Japan by the time he was eight) and then as a missionary kid (moving to Tasmania, Australia for my high school years). I love sports – World Cup soccer, the Chargers and Padres top the list. And I love to read, write and have conversations about ministry & leadership in general. My newest pursuit is road biking!
And be sure to check out my personal blog, GregJBaird.com.
Please use our Contact Form to inquire about
consulting, coaching or speaking with Greg.
- Served under the leadership of John Maxwell & David Jeremiah (the first Children’s Pastor at both churches);
- Founder of both a ministry non-profit (Kids In Focus) & a ministry business (KidMin360) – both are now consolidated into ChildrensMinistryLeader.com;
- Served in children’s, family & administrative pastor positions in churches ranging from 250 to 8000 in attendance;
- Provided services (consulting, job searches, training, coaching, etc.) for hundreds of churches across the United States.
- Travelled extensively providing training & leadership development (Russia, Australia, Philippines, Africa & South America) and now develops & delivers ministry training around the world full-time for his role with David C Cook (Senior Director, Programs & Leadership Development) for Global Church initiative;
- Extensive speaking, including:
- Children’s Pastors Conference – workshop presenter (2001 – 2010)
- D6 Conference – workshop presenter (2011, 2012)
- Lifeway Kids Ministry Conference – workshop presenter (2011, 2012)
- Group Publishing KidMin Conference – 6-hour pre-con tracks (2012 – 2014); 8-hour leadership tracks (2012, 2013); keynote (2014)
- Group Publishing One-Day Seminars – 30+ cities (2003 – 2008)
- NorthWest Ministry Conference – workshop presenter (2009 – 2011)
- Children’s Ministry Spring Training – organizer, workshop presenter, leadership track, keynote (2001 – 2009)
- Worlds of WOW Leadership Training – keynote (2012)
- Christian Ministry Training Association – workshop leader, keynote (2009-2012)
- Multiple other smaller network meetings, seminars & conferences
- Many articles for magazines, including:
- Children’s Ministry Magazine
- KidzMatter Magazine
- Outreach Magazine
- Hundreds of blog posts, including current contributions on:
- Book contributions:
- Sunday School That Works: The Complete Guide To Maximize Your Children’s Ministry Impact (Group Publishing)
- Pulse: The Best In Children’s Ministry (KidzMatter Publishing)
- Events That Worked For Us: Best Practices For Ministry With Children & Families (Abingdon Press)
- Top 100: Best Leadership Articles, Practical How-To’s & Features of the Year (ChurchLeaders.com, 2021 Edition)