Our Church is looking for a new Children's Ministry Lead. Do you like working with and teaching children? Do you enjoy sharing your faith with people younger than you? Then this could be a job for you. First United Methodist Church - Bakersfield is seeking an organized, motivated, and team centered leader to be our "day of" Children's Ministry Supervisor.
The Children's Ministry Lead will be responsible for oversight of our Sunday Morning Kids Church and Wednesday Night Kids Club. There basic duties are teaching the lesson, managing the other paid children's ministry staff, evaluating and developing these programs so that they reach there highest potential. In addition to these activities, they will be expected to help with outreach events in October, December, at Easter, and in the summer (Vacation Bible School). They will also be expected to evaluate the curriculum in use as well as assist in selecting new curriculum at the beginning of each school year. This a leadership role and the person will also be expected to interact with staff and volunteers as well as children and parents.
The Children's Ministry Lead reports Directly to the Director of Family Ministries and the Senior Pastor.
- Have an active, vibrant, and personal relationship with Christ.
- The ability to teach and effectively communicate with children.
- The ability to lead and communicate with adult staff and volunteers.
- Be present at least 50 Sundays a year (Including Easter which is mandatory.)
- Be present every Wednesday during the School year. This is usually September – May in Bakersfield. We do not have mid- week programming the week of Thanksgiving, the week before Christmas, the week of Christmas, and the week of New Years.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Family Ministry
- Be able to pass a live scan background check.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $7,488.00 /year