St. John’s Church of Tampa, FL (www.stjohnstampa.org) is seeking a full-time Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries. St. John’s is a vibrant, growing parish in South Tampa. The Director facilitates the operation of the children, middle school, high school and family ministries which foster a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment where all may experience the love of God and be spiritually nurtured. These ministries are a key component of the spiritual formation offered at St. John’s.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with children, youth and families
- Providing leadership and direct oversight for all faith formation opportunities for children and youth including Sunday School, children’s programming and middle school and high school youth groups
- Building and overseeing the team of volunteer adults responsible for children and youth programming in the church
- Developing and evaluating the short term (1 year) and the long term (3-5 years) vision for the children and youth ministries
- Coordinating communications to families of children and youth
Qualifications for this position are:
- A growing and personal relationship with Christ
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Three+ years’ experience in children’s, youth or family ministry
- Excellent communicator through all media (oral, written, digital, etc.)
- Understanding and empathy for children, youth and their families.
- Organized, pro-active, self-starter
- Creative, collaborative spirit
- A desire to always be learning
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.