The purpose of the Children and Family Ministry Director’s position is to lead a ministry that impacts the children and parents of the Lancaster First Presbyterian Church congregation and community. The CFM Director is characterized by a love for Christ and others, a passion to see children and families grow in the gospel, and a support for the vision, mission, and values of Lancaster First Presbyterian Church. The ideal candidate will create a balance between traditional and contemporary methodologies to both strengthen our existing ministry and provide a clear vision for how we can better reach the young families of our community. The CFM Director will work with volunteers to provide PK-Grade 5 instruction and programming to promote a strong biblical foundation and a love for God’s Word; guide and equip families with faith-building programs, materials, and events; and develop and communicate the vision of CFM in person and writing to the congregation and community.
Part-time hours, flexible schedule of 18-25 hours per week including Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Position requires the following:
- 4 year degree with instruction in education or ministry, and/or commensurate experience
- Previous paid or substantial volunteer ministry experience
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to organize and coordinate ministry activities and events
- Consistent prayer and devotional life; attendance in worship
Applications will be accepted by submission of a cover letter and resume to email@example.com