Director of Well Kids - Job Description
Name of staff: To Be Filled; Vacant Start Date: ASAP
In a sentence:
The goal of this position is to present the foundational truths of God's Word to kids through creative experiences and small group relationships.
- Lead weekend Well Kids experience for 3 years-5th.
- Staff and maintain a safe, clean nursery for birth to 3 years.
- Schedule and staff volunteer teachers and helpers for Birth - 5th.
- Prepare weekly Gospel Project curriculum for classrooms.
- Provide ongoing training for Well Kids ministry leaders and teachers.
- Schedule and recruit for worship, media, & arts teams for Well Kids experiences.
- Perform weekly administrative tasks (ie: background checks, emails, phone calls, etc).
- Develop a ministry to resource parents to disciple their kids.
- In the portable church setting, oversight of weekly set up and breakdown of children’s ministry area.
- Promote and encourage the mission and values of Wellspring Church through Well Kids.
- Weekly "all staff" meetings.
- Weekly meeting with supervisor
- Bi-monthly planning meetings (teachers & leaders)
- Training, vision casting, curriculum planning
- Weekly preparation of curriculum
- Burn DVD's for classes
- Print all materials for teachers
- Prepare all materials for crafts or projects
- Monthly Scheduling
- Create schedule for teachers, leaders, and helpers 2 months ahead
- Troubleshoot scheduling conflicts
- Weekly Volunteer Encouragement
- Send out thank you cards and make phone calls to show appreciation
- Sunday responsibilities
- Runs walk-thru huddle
- Point person for all Well Kids areas
- Teach 3 years-5th Well Kids experience
- Problem solve issues and last minute details
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Works closely with: Ministry leadership team
- Previous experience with Children's Ministry in a Modern Church setting
- Ability to teach and hold the attention of kids of different ages in one room
- Ability to lead individuals of different ages and backgrounds
- Some computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, CCB Database (will train you on this)
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
Time Required: 15-20 hours per week
Length of Service: Yearly Review
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume and multiple references to Jason Coache via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter please reference how applicant’s ministry philosophy and beliefs align with the Wellspring mission and core values (http://wellspring.one/values/)