Children’s & Family Ministry Job BoardAre you a candidate looking for a new Children’s or Family Ministry opportunity? Or a church looking for your next leader in this area?
You’ve come to the right place!Candidates . . . apply directly to the churches who are looking and begin the conversation. Churches . . . post a job for 45 days for FREE. Yes, 45 days for free ~ no strings attached. We will help promote every opportunity posted via Twitter (4600+ followers) & our Facebook Page (3500+ Likes). Our audience is exactly the audience who may be looking for your opportunity!
This position is responsible for the creation of a compelling ministry vision, organization, design and delivery of program activities for children (from birth through 5th grade). Such activities will cultivate the spiritual formation of children. This position will lead the Children’s Team in the development of a comprehensive age appropriate programming. This will be in partnership with the other members of the Program Ministry, and driven by the Vision and Mission of Cypress Lake United Methodist Church.
Spiritual Gifts: Administration, Vision, Leadership, Knowledge, Shepherding, Discernment
Passion: Working with Children and Parents, developing relationships with God
Skills: People management, project management, coaching, communication, team builder
Intended Outcomes for Position:
- Provide faith based programming for children
- Grow participation in children programs – numbers and spiritual depth
- Inspire parents and others to use their gifts in Children’s Ministry and follow God’s call on their lives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Project and cast a compelling vision for the faith development of children and establish measurable goals.
- Recruit, train, supervise, encourage and provide resources for volunteer Sunday School teachers (primary, as well as substitute teachers), Family Night activities, special events such as Vacation Bible School, seasonal fellowship/outreach activities and Third Grade Bible Celebration.
- Wednesday Night Programs
- Evaluate and select appropriate Bible-based curriculum.
- Supervise the Nursery Coordinator to insure a safe, welcoming and nurturing staff for the nursery.
- Liaison to the Bright Beginnings Advisory Board.
- Participates with the Director of the Bright Beginnings Early School in spiritual formation opportunities of the weekday program.
- Promotes Play Day
- Promotes and co-ordinates Children’s summer camp opportunities i.e. Florida Annual Conference Camping Ministry
- Prepare the annual budget for the children’s program; prepare written reports showing activities and expected monetary expenditures necessary to accomplish the activity; control expenditures not to exceed the budgeted values
- Helps maintain in the Shepherd Staff and Excellerate Check in systems a database of each child, including parent’s name, address, and telephone information, that is involved in activities, or could be served by the activities – including maintaining an accurate record of attendance/participation at ministry events.
- Communicate with parents and/or children directly (telephone, E-Mail, FaceBook) and indirectly (letters and bulletin notices) to assure an appropriate welcoming invitation and information relating to program activities
- Coordinates and schedules activities/events with other ministry leaders to maximize learning opportunities for the children of our congregation.
- Works cooperatively with the Children’s Ministry Team and Church Council.
- Attends all scheduled staff and ministry team meetings.
- Establish regularly scheduled office hours.
- Ensures compliance with child-protection policies, i.e., screening of workers, security identification, child /worker supervision ratio, sanitary equipment, and meeting area cleanliness
- Prepares the Baptism certificate and gift and follow up with parents after baptisms at the church to encourage their involvement in the church.
- Participation in annual Continuing Education (2 units per year)
Education and/or Experience:
- Must profess a belief in Christ, embrace Christian values, and an understanding of the United Methodist Church.
- College degree in Education preferred but not required.
- Be experienced in Christian leadership roles with a practical understanding of issues confronting children/families.
- Have basic computer communication skills (e-mail, word processing).
- Have the ability to organize work and manage time; be able to work with diverse personalities and maintain working relationships through interpersonal skills.