Children’s & Family Ministry Job BoardAre you a candidate looking for a new Children’s or Family Ministry opportunity? Or a church looking for your next leader in this area?
You’ve come to the right place!Candidates . . . apply directly to the churches who are looking and begin the conversation. Churches . . . post a job for 45 days for FREE. Yes, 45 days for free ~ no strings attached. We will help promote every opportunity posted via Twitter (4600+ followers) & our Facebook Page (3500+ Likes). Our audience is exactly the audience who may be looking for your opportunity!
CPC is actively recruiting a Director of Kids’ Ministry to embody CPC’s vision “to boldly extend the invitation Jesus makes to us, to everyone,” by providing leadership to the Kids’ Team so they can resource kids and families to develop a faith that sticks.
Primary Role of the Position
This leader will help define and shape the trajectory of the Kids’ Team to be aligned with the vision of CPC and to be a fully engaging part of CPC. The director is the lead implementer of CPC Kids’ programming. This includes overseeing and ensuring the safety of the children and those serving; leading staff in recruiting, equipping, and releasing a team of serving leaders; creating exciting and age-appropriate environments for children to learn and grow; resourcing and partnering with parents to be the spiritual champions of their homes; and organizing special event ministry programs. A successful Kids’ Ministry Director must prioritize relationship with their team as a shepherd and champion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Cast vision for the overall development and implementation of all Kids’ Ministry initiatives throughout CPC Ministry areas.
• Leadership of Kids’ Staff, including personnel and overall health and effectiveness of team, including team meetings.
• Serve on Coordinating Team and other CPC leadership areas as assigned.
• Oversee the coordination of all Kids’ Ministry Programming for all weekend services (5:15pm Saturday, 9:30am and 11:00am and 5:00pm on Sunday).
• Oversee the coordination of Kids’ Ministry Programming for Mom’s Morning (preschool program on Wednesday mornings) and Wednesday Night Elementary programming.
• Oversee current and assist in developing new Kids’ Ministry programming.
• Coordinate all Kids’ Ministry Summer Camps.
• Manage and oversee Kid’s Ministry budget.
• Participate in the leadership of Special Needs Ministry offerings at CPC including Tapestry and Mosaic.
• Provide supervisory leadership to Kid’s Team staff through regular check-in’s, performance reviews, goal setting and leadership development.
• Develop relationships with a broad number of kids, students, parents, and grandparents through programming, intentional one-on-ones, and outside relational contact work.
• Handle personal and leadership issues with staff as they may develop.
• Meet with and encourage families and volunteers.
Learning and Development
• Set aside time each week for use of spiritual reading, studying, and learning.
• Encourage and work with Kids’ staff in their areas of personal development.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate would exemplify the following qualities:
• Gifts –Leadership, administration, encouragement, teaching, shepherding, visionary
• Passions – Kids, Jesus, fun, and families of all shapes and sizes. Developing staff and volunteers to help kids come to know and follow Jesus.
• Characteristics – A personal and growing commitment to Jesus, relationship builder, learner approach, vision-caster, inspirer, developer, and humble leadership.
• BA/BS degree relevant to ministry work, Masters of Divinity or similar Masters level degree, or continuing education in a related area of ministry study preferred.
• Experience as a director or leader of a Kids’/Children’s Ministry preferred.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Experience and wisdom in leading change within a ministry context.
• Strong team-building skills and ability to lead a team through conflict when it arises.
• Outgoing, creative, and innovative.
• Self-starter, strong work ethic, ability to problem solve.
• Experience in collaborating and developing strategy and vision to move a team to successful implementation.
• Workweek generally consists of Sunday through Thursday.
• Occasional evenings for meetings or ministry gatherings.
• Other work hours as necessary for the coordination, implementation, and functioning of CPC’s Kids’ Ministry programming.
• Other CPC-wide responsibilities, depending on gifting and training, such as teaching and project management.
The Kids’ Ministry Director will report to the Director of Family Ministry. This is a full-time, exempt position with a minimum expected workload of 40 hours per week, while occasionally working additional hours as needed. In addition, your presence at weekend services is expected.
Interested applicants should send resumes to email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will be provided with additional information about the position and hiring process.