About Greg J Baird
I’m Greg J Baird, founder and author of Children’s Ministry Leader.
My passion for nearly 30 years has been seeing the lives of children transformed. I believe the best way to do that is to equip leaders in the local church to serve children, volunteers and parents to invest in the lives of children at church and in the home. That’s what we do here at Children’s Ministry Leader – equip leaders to create healthy Children’s & Family Ministry.
The most important thing to know about me is that I am blessed beyond measure to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I have two incredible sons named Taylor (1996) and Garret (1997), both of whom have a heart for serving in ministry.
I love what I do as it is the outflow of 25+ years of ministry experience as Children’s & Family, and Executive Pastor, coach, consultant, trainer, speaker, short-term missions leader, and non-profit executive.
I would love to serve you and your ministry. Please contact me through the Contact page for inquiries.
- Served under the leadership of John Maxwell & David Jeremiah (the first Children’s Pastor at both churches);
- Founder of both a ministry non-profit (Kids In Focus) & a ministry small business (KidMin360) – both are now consolidated into ChildrensMinistryLeader.com;
- Served in Children’s & Family, and Executive Pastor positions in churches ranging from 250 to 9000 in attendance;
- Provided services (consulting, executive job searches, training, coaching, etc.) for hundreds of churches across the United States and around the world.
- Traveled extensively providing coaching, consulting, training & leadership development in over 30 countries on 6 continents.
- Presented with CMConnect Children’s Ministry Leadership Award (2017)
- Extensive speaking, including:
- Children’s Ministry Servants Conference – keynote & workshop presenter
- CMConnect Conference – keynote & workshop presenter
- Children’s Pastors Conference – workshop presenter
- D6 Conference – workshop presenter
- Lifeway Kids Ministry Conference – workshop presenter
- Group Publishing KidMin Conference – 6-hour pre-con tracks; 8-hour leadership tracks ; keynote
- Group Publishing One-Day Seminars – 30+ cities
- NorthWest Ministry Conference – workshop presenter
- Children’s Ministry Spring Training – organizer, workshop presenter, leadership track, keynote
- Worlds of WOW Leadership Training – keynote
- Christian Ministry Training Association – workshop leader, keynote
- Multiple other smaller network meetings, seminars & conferences
- Multiple international trainings in 30+ countries
- Many articles for magazines, including:
- Children’s Ministry Magazine
- KidzMatter Magazine
- Outreach Magazine
- Homefront Magazine
- Hundreds of blog posts, including current contributions on:
- ChildrensMinistryLeader.com (formerly KidMin360)
- Book contributions:
- Sunday School That Works: The Complete Guide To Maximize Your Children’s Ministry Impact (Group Publishing)
- Pulse: The Best In Children’s Ministry (KidzMatter Publishing)
- Events That Worked For Us: Best Practices For Ministry With Children & Families (Abingdon Press)
- Top 100: Best Leadership Articles, Practical How-To’s & Features of the Year (ChurchLeaders.com, 2011 Edition)