Denomination: Assemblies of God
Weekly Attendance: 750
Location: Bellerose, New York
The Role: Children's Pastor
Meet Bellerose Assembly of God:
In 1933, the church was established. Although the church has gone through much progression, and times have changed, the message and mission remain the same.
The ministry of Bellerose Assembly of God / Next City Church under the leadership of Pastor Dominick Cotignola has a passion for reaching people with a message of hope that comes from a relationship with Jesus. The vision of Bellerose Assembly of God/ Next City Church is to be an influence for God within a 20-mile radius of the church. With that vision in mind, the church is in the process of rebranding, and with that, a name change to Next City Church. This flows from a desire and call to add locations and stand-alone church plants within that 20-mile radius as they are literally bringing Christ to The Next City. It seeks to take intentional and bold steps to move forward to fulfill this vision by changing lives through God’s Word, showing compassion through God’s love, and bringing hope, one heart at a time.”
About the Children's Pastor:
The Children’s Pastor will provide direction and oversight for the Kids Ministry at Bellerose AG / Next City Church (infant – 6th grade). Specifically, this position will lead and manage children’s programming for two services on Sunday mornings, summer activities, including VBS, and community outreach throughout the year.
Success in this role will be determined by:
- The development of an effective ministry to children that leads to church growth.
- Children being saved, spirit-filled, and discipled through ministry endeavors.
- Expansion of ministry programming.
- Increased outreach programming.
- A 'buzz' in the church about the Children's Ministry.
- Development of ministry infrastructures that support growth.
- A growing and rooted volunteer base.
The Children's Pastor Will Achieve the Following:
- Gain rapport and build trust within the church community while being viewed as a pastor.
- Provide leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff.
- Work closely with the Youth Pastor to ensure smooth transition and consistency of programming across age groups.
- Oversee a curriculum for the Children's Ministry that is consistent and congruent with the spiritual DNA of the church.
- Guide the ministry’s vision, mission, and values as it relates to the overall church and help design and implement strategies for recruitment, training, and appreciation for ministry volunteers.
- Champion service opportunities for children of the ministry.
- Ensure a safe, innovative, creative, and engaging Children’s ministry experience.
What You Bring:
- Bible college degree preferred.
- Candidates must have biblical training and be theologically astute.
- A desire to be credentialed with the Assemblies of God is preferred.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing a ministry and of working in a ministry setting that has interactions with people from multicultural and multigenerational backgrounds. The candidate will have had experience working as an effective leader of ministry teams, with the responsibility of providing vision and leadership for small and large scale children’s ministry gatherings. The Children’s Pastor should have knowledge about mobilizing both ministry volunteers and leaders in a church of 750 attendees or greater. The successful Children’s Pastor candidate will have experience implementing security procedures and policies to ensure safe learning environments for children.
- Skilled in identifying, attracting and recruiting new volunteers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to administer and organize budgets, events and ministry communications.
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply Biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity and honor for Godly leadership.
- Teachable and humble attitude with a servant’s heart.
- Exude a genuine relationship with Jesus and love for the church.
- Possess an evident passion for kids and their families.
- Ability to teach and communicate with kids in large and small environments.
- Ability to craft and cultivate high energy, multi-sensory, and age-appropriate environments for kids.
- Ability to integrate technology into curriculum design and application.
- Ability to foster a passion for kids for local and global missions.
What it's like to live in Bellerose, New York:
Bellerose is a middle-class neighborhood situated between the New York City borough of Queens in Nassau County and Long Island. Bellerose offers the best of both worlds of an ideal lifestyle to those who seek relocation. This region includes a high-performing public school district [District 26] and boasts an extensively diverse community. Approximately over sixty percent of the community holds a bachelor's degree or higher, complemented with high employability. The area also boasts a variety of local amenities and as well as a stable housing market.
The New York City area offers an assortment of high-quality amenities, world-class dining, shopping, and performing arts, including musical theater, symphony, opera, dance and live music. Museums and architectural attractions draw many visitors to the area all year round. There's truly no shortage of things to do in the area. An extensive and popular public transit system with subways and buses serves the region and links the boroughs. A few major-league teams play in the area, including the MLB Yankees and Mets, NBA Knicks and Nets, NFL Giants and Jets, and NHL Islanders and Rangers.