CHILDREN'S MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
Summary: The Children’s Ministries Director (CMD) leads all ministries created for and directed toward children, ages birth through elementary school. The CMD ensures that Children’s Ministries provides an environment where children can, in an age-appropriate way, Discover a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, Connect with caring, likeminded friends, Grow in spiritual, emotional, and relational maturity, and Serve each other, the local community, and the world together. The overall mission of Children Ministries will be to honor God by developing more disciple-making followers of Jesus Christ.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in teaching, child development, or children’s ministry. (May be waived for experience.)
- Three years experience in children’s ministries in a church of 300 or more.
- Must have and be able to effectively describe their personal relationship with Jesus Christ with at least five years experience of growth in maturity.
- Shows evidence of practicing the disciplines of regular personal Bible study, worship, fellowship, and prayer. Meets qualifications for mature biblically-based leadership described in 1 Timothy 3 and Acts 6.
- Demonstrates a call of God and passion for children and their growth.
- Able to relate well and work effectively with children, adult leaders, parents, other church staff, and volunteers, as well as the community.
- Able to cast a compelling, challenging, and engaging vision to children to encourage them to grow in their faith in and love for Jesus Christ.
- Able to recruit and train adult and student leaders to do ministry.
- Able to speak, write, and teach clearly, effectively and appropriately.
- Able to disciple children and volunteer staff using a measurable process.
- Able to agree fully and comply with the mission, vision, statement of faith, and priorities as stated in the Church Bylaws and Guiding Principles.
- Able to pass initial and periodic thorough background examinations.
- Leads, oversees, and promotes the ongoing spiritual growth of children using a process by which children receive age-appropriate training.
- Ensures biblical teaching at Sunday and Wednesday children’s events.
- Creates opportunities for children’s discipleship in a classroom setting.
- Plans and implements occasional special events for outreach and growth in coordination with other staff and groups within the church.
- Plans and implements a summer outreach (e.g. Vacation Bible School)
- Plans and implements at least one annual adult leader training.
- Trains children and adult volunteers in age-appropriate evangelism.
- Identifies, recruits, trains, supervises, and coaches adult volunteers, interns, and ministry staff to support the mission of Children’s Ministries.
- Plans and participates in all Children’s Ministries safety trainings.
- Attends and participates fully in regular church staff meetings.
- Maintains appropriate availability to children, parents, and staff.
- Regularly connects with other area children’s ministries leaders for the purposes of creating joint activities, networking, and sharing resources.
- Builds connections with community school leaders, as appropriate.
- Supports the church team in accomplishing the church’s mission.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor of Encompass Church.
- Coordinates with Encompass Church staff and leaders.
- Oversees the Children’s Ministries Assistant Director.
- Oversees the AWANA Clubs Commander and leaders.
- Oversees other Children’s Ministries leaders (paid and volunteer).
Encompass Church (www.encompass.church) is located at 11150 Hilltop Road, Parker, CO 80134. We are a church of approximately 250 adults, students, and children in Sunday worship attendance. We are a member of Converge (www.converge.org), formerly the Baptist General Conference. To indicate your interest in the Children’s Ministries Director position, submit your resume directly to email@example.com.