The Grove is a 7-year old church in the northern suburbs of Austin, Texas. From the beginning, our mission has been to reach those who are far from God and BE DISCIPLES WHO MAKE DISCIPLES. Of course, this mission didn't start with us, it was BECAUSE GOD sent His Son to rescue the world that we continue His mission. As we live out His mission, God in His faithfulness has transformed lives at The Grove. God has met our needs and exceeded our expectations. In light of what God has done, we are committed to firmly planting the gospel HERE in the greater Austin area, as well as THERE (to the ends of the earth). Our first phase of our building that is under construction will serve to reach our community as we put a stake in the ground for His mission HERE. At the same time we are committed to planting churches outside our community and sending missionaries to unreached people groups THERE.
If His mission for HERE and THERE captures your heart, we urge you to consider joining us as we seek to exalt God, equip the church, and engage those far from God in the fight to rescue people from death to life by being disciple makers. The Elementary Director ensures that GroveKids provides relevant, age appropriate learning and connection opportunities for kids from Kindergarten-5th Grade. During all weekend gatherings, ministry for kids is provided and executed by a large base of volunteers to ensure kids are safe during all gatherings and developed into disciples of Jesus.
- Passionate about sharing The Grove vision, mission, and strategy with people in the church and people and in the community.
- Visibly modeling a gospel-centered lifestyle by living for Christ as a disciple that makes disciples.
- Driven to work well with a team and grow through experience and open rapport with staff and key leaders.
- Committed to equipping every church member for their God-given ministry.
- Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally.
- A relentless recruiter constantly looking for capable people to join the team.
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development.
- Gifted at communicating, teaching, and relating to kids and adults.
- Implement a strategy that draws families into the church through GroveKids ministry.
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the GroveKids Team.
- Minister to families and aid in connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home.
- Develop consistent standards of excellence in all kids ministry areas by collaborating with the team about weekly responsibilities.
- Report a weekly summary of the GroveKids ministry experiences.
- Provide training and development for GroveKids Elementary ministry volunteers and leaders.
- Purchase all supplies and materials for GroveKids Elementary ministry activities and programs.
- Background check all new volunteers and recheck every 2 years.
- Create a presence of GroveKids in the community through experiences (mid-week) and events (including summer Bible clubs).
If you are interested in this opportunity to join The Grove team please send your resume to Jason Smith, Operations Pastor, at email@example.com.