Reports To: Pastor of Faith Formation
FLSA Status: Salaried | Exempt
The Family Pastor is a member of the pastoral team and staff leadership team and is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the family-related ministries of Morning Star Church. This person, working in concert with others, will cast vision and develop strategies for advancing spiritual development and growth among families - including children, students, college-age adults as well as parents and grandparents. Incumbent will be a leader of leaders who is committed to, and supports, the philosophy and mission of Morning Star Church and its leadership team.
This person must be a servant leader and team player who is called to full-time family ministry. They will be authentic, collaborative, compassionate, relationally-driven, empowering, an effective teacher, creative thinker and able to partner with staff and families to create effective opportunities for faith exploration and development. This person will demonstrate a biblical worldview, Christian lifestyle and mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to:)
- Ensure a safe and exciting environment for families to learn and develop spiritually.
- Establish, monitor and maintain safe and appropriate boundaries between children, students, volunteers, other adults, staff and themselves.
- Promote and foster cross-generational interaction, engagement and community.
- Develop and champion efforts to equip parents and grandparents for leading godly families through classes, events, educational resources and mentoring.
- Develop and implement strategies to deepen the personal devotional life of families.
- Champion and integrate family ministry initiatives with other ministry areas of the church.
- Provide spiritual counseling to students, college-age individuals, parents, grandparents and guardians as appropriate.
- Partner with staff to teach families about baptism, Holy Communion and generosity.
- Lead and direct the college-age ministries of Morning Star Church.
- Provide oversight, support and supervision to Children