Choong Hyun Mission Church is a Korean-American Presbyterian church in Los Angeles, CA that ministers the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are a church of 1500 in Sunday attendance, with a thriving and growing Education Department of +400 children (newborn-HS).
- Preach the Gospel to 1-3 graders for Sunday worship.
- Exemplify the 4 Core Values of the Education Department: Clean, Safe, Fun, Well-Staffed.
- Lead and love Lower Elementary volunteers and Small Group leaders in weekly meetings and regular fellowship outings.
- Represent the Lower Elementary Department and its interests at all church leadership meetings and serve as a liaison between the church leadership, LE department volunteers, and parents.
- To assist and coordinate with the Education Department pastors in discovering, recruiting, and enlisting volunteer teachers and assistants for the department.
- To work through Education Department Pastor to execute yearly teachings using Orange Curriculum and all departmental activities.
- To prepare and request a department budget at the end of each year. To monitor spending of Lower Elementary department volunteers and staff members with the aid of the Department Deacon. To make requests for equipment and space as needed through the Education Pastor or ED Administrative Pastor.
- Must be fully devoted to God and to the church of Jesus Christ, and be committed to expressing that devotion to young children.
- Presbyterian doctrine and conviction, with a Gospel-centered conviction.
- Pray for children and volunteers each week.
- Seminary or Bible College education is highly desired (or in school).
- Have children